11. August 2014

Lightweight across the Lake District

Earlier this year I hiked from the west to the east in the Lake District, from Ravenglass to Windermere. It was a beautiful trip with dozens of summits visited and beautiful camps. I'll let some images do the talking: Sca Fell camp A high camp beneath Sca Fell. Black Diamond Alpine Start Hoody Breakfast. I've started to use a folding cup as it is a lot lighter than a Kuksa and packs very small. Grazing sheep II Will be encountered everywhere along the trail: Grazing sheep. Call me at the phone box A bit of an oddity in the middle of the Lake District was this typical red phone booth. Landscape I Stone walls criss-crossed the landscape and helped with navigation. A look back on Grasmere The White Lion Inn in Grasmere, a very famous pub. Angle Tarn A lovely camping spot is Angle Tarn above Grasmere. Dinner Lightweight and speedy cooking with the MSR Reactor 1l. Bed Comfy bed time. Cloudy During the six days in the Lakelands I only had one bad weather day.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen